A unique take on the standard tomato soup. Perfect for any rainy day when you’re bedridden with the flu. This simple soup is perfect for any season. Shred cheese over the finished product to add some extra taste.
Yield: 10 portions
Estimated Time of Cooking: Roughly 45 minutes
2¼ pounds – Tomato concassé
2 quarts – Chicken or vegetable stock
4½ fluid ounces – White wine, dry
3 ounces – Onions, minced
3 ounces – Tomato paste
1 fluid ounce – Olive oil
½ ounce – Basil, chopped
1½ teaspoons – Jalapeños, minced
3 cloves – Garlic, minced
1 sprig – Oregano, chopped
1 sprig – Thyme, chopped
1 – Bay leaf
- Sweat the garlic and onions in the olive oil.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté until it has a sweet aroma and beings to take on a rusty color.
- Add the tomato concassé, stock, basil, jalapeños, oregano, thyme, wine, and bay leaf.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Strain the soup through a medium chinois/colander.