- 2 cups of milk
- 4 whole eggs
- 3 oz. sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- Sugar for caramel
- Cook sugar to a blond caramel, pour in dishes.
- In stainless steel pot, cream eggs and sugar.
- Bring milk, vanilla and zest to a boil.
- “Temper” eggs with hot milk, strain.
- Pour into dishes over caramel, bake in double boiler at 300F.
Chef Pascal Dionot will teach you to make deserts like créme caramel in the 24 week Practical Series, a comprehensive program where you will learn basic skills, stocks, soups, sauces, eggs, vegetables, meat fabrication, fish and shellfish, grains, pasta, pastry, Asian techniques, desserts and chocolate.
Learn more about our most popular series here!